SKYLARK LITERARY PRIVACY NOTICE
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will collect information that you provide to us when you:
· Get in touch with us over the phone, by email, in writing.
· Submit manuscripts or other content to us by post or email.
· Enter a competition or other marketing or communications initiative which requires such information in order for the initiative to proceed.
· Sign a contract with us to represent you.
· Submit an application to a job vacancy.
· ‘Follow’, ‘like’, post to or interact with our social media accounts, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Tumblr.
The information you provide to us may include:
· Identity/contact data: Title, names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.
· Information contained in correspondence: We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between us. For example, if you contact us by email, post or telephone, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· Financial and contract data: If we represent you, you may pass us your bank details, VAT and tax information, immigration and residency information, your existing contracts (and related correspondence) with publishers or other licensees of your work.
· Employment and background data: If you are sending us a manuscript for review or a job application, you may also provide additional information about your academic and work history, qualifications, skills, projects and research that you are involved in, references, proof of your entitlement to work in the UK, your national security number, your passport or other identity document details, your current level of remuneration (including benefits), and any other such similar information that you may provide to us.
· Technical data: We may also collect certain information about how you use our website and the device that you use to access our website, even where you have not created an account or logged in. This might include your geographical location, device information (such as your hardware model, mobile network information, unique device identifiers), the data transmitted by your browser (such as your IP address, date and type of the request, content of the request regarding the specific site, time zone settings, access status/HTTP status code, volume of data transmitted, browser type and version, language settings, time zone settings referral source, length of visit to the website, date and time of the request, operating system and interface) number of page views, the search queries you make on the website and similar information. This information may be collected by a third-party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies or similar technologies.
In certain circumstances, we will receive information about you from third parties. For example:
· Publishers, co-agents and other licensees of your work: If we represent you, you will normally authorise us to receive information about you from your publishers, co-agents and other licensees such as information about your contracts, performance, royalties and other payments.
· Third parties who can verify submitted information: If you submit a manuscript to us for our review, we may use third party providers to verify the information that you provide to us in connection with that submission. For example, we will use third-party databases or websites to confirm your publication history.
· Employers, recruitment agencies and referees: If you are a job applicant we may contact your recruiter, current and former employers and/or referees, who may be based inside or outside the EU, to provide information about you and your application.
· Website security: We will collect information from our website security service partners who are based inside the EU, about any misuse to the website, for instance, the introduction of viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs, website attacks or any other material or action that is malicious or harmful.
· Editorial Consultancies, Creative Writing Organisations and other referrers: if you are referred to us for our review of your manuscript submission, we may be provided information about you and your application by them.
· We might also receive information about you from third parties if you have indicated to such third party that you would like to hear from us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
· Where you contact us in order for us to review a draft manuscript or other materials.
· Where you submit contact information and have entered a competition or other marketing initiative which requires such information in order the initiative to be operated.
· Where you submit your contact information and have subscribed to a mailing list to receive a newsletter, updates or other information about us or our clients.
· Where you submit employment information in order to apply for a position with us and for us to review your application.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area including but not limited to the USA. By submitting your personal data to us you agree to this transfer, storage or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary and available to us to safeguard and ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with applicable laws.
We may also share personal data about you if we are required to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect our legal rights (or those of our clients).
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure and used only for the purpose for which it was provided. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties under any circumstances.
The website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
You have legal rights to access your personal data, change your data and also request that it is deleted from our records. You can also withdraw your consent to receive marketing emails. If you would like more information about this, please email email@example.com
In relation to subject access requests, we will respond as soon as possible after such request is received. We will not usually charge you an administration fee in relation to any such subject access request unless we feel that the request is unusually onerous or complex.
Skylark Literary Limited is registered in England (company number 09073659) with our registered address as follows.
Skylark Literary Limited
Weybridge KT13 9HD